Friday, November 06, 2009

TRICARE for Life

ObamaCare to Eliminate TRICARE for LIFE?

That is the question! I tried to telephone my Representative in Congress, Gerry Connolly of Virginia's 11th District, about the changes to my medical care in the new Health Bill. I guess he is too busy to listen to constituents. No one answered the phone. The new Health Care Bill is putting TRICARE for Life on the chopping block - Higher deductibles, Co-pays and even Premiums.

I am trying to find the Health Care Bill that the Democrats promised to post on the Internet so that I can read these changes they say are on pages 77, 172, 189, 218, and 434. Barack Obama promised that we get to keep our same plans, but now we find our plan costs $6000 per person more per year for the Medicare Supplement promised to military retirees.

So then I tried to telephone my Congressman again and got a constant busy signal! I did find the ObamaCare Plan posted at the his web site (Rep. Gerry Connolly, VA 11th District, "H.R. 3962" and I went to pages 77, 172, 189, 218, & 434. What I found is that I need to hire a lawyer to understand the gibberish. However, I found NO "TRICARE for Life" mentioned anywhere in the entire document. Why?

H. R. 3962 To provide affordable, quality health care for all Americans and reduce the growth in health care spending, and for other purposes.

No comments: